The Family Violence Intervention Service is voluntary and non-residential. It is designed to offer counselling to women who presently live, or who have lived in violent relationships.
- Individual counselling to treat issues specific to violence as well as lifestyle, emotions and living in a relationship
- Group counselling (Pattern Changing, and others)
- Orientation towards other community services
- Community awareness and education
- Assistance with a personal safety plan
- Assistance with an application to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board (CICB)
Women 16 years of age or over, victims of violence.
Referrals to this service may be made by:
- The client;
- Family members and friends;
- Ontario Provincial Police;
- Community agencies.