This service is aimed at helping women who have decided to leave a violent relationship and to rebuild their lives alone or with their children. The community counsellor offers support and an accompaniment service to clients at all stages to help them settle into a life without violence.
- Short-term support counselling
- Telephone support
- Visits at the home or outside the home
- Assistance with procedures relating to legal and financial assistance, job seeking and apartment hunting, etc.
- Accompaniment to hospital, to a lawyer and to court
- Assistance with a personal safety plan
- Assistance in directing the person to various community services according to her needs
- Community awareness and education
Women 16 years of age or over, victims of violence.
Referrals to this service may be made by:
- The client;
- Family members and friends;
- Ontario Provincial Police;
- Community agencies.