This service offers a secure shelter and a 24h crisis support line to women and their children in crisis situations, and/or victims of physical, sexual or emotional violence who believe that their lives are threatened.
- Confidential, safe shelter, free of charge
- Crisis support line
- Intake service
- Counselling / support
- Information and referral to legal, social and health services
- Transportation during the crisis
- Assistance with a personal safety plan
- Follow-up after leaving the shelter
- Community awareness and education
Women 16 years of age or over and any of her children, who are victims of violence.
It is not necessary to live at Habitat Interlude to receive services. Any woman can present herself, at any time, day or night, to obtain information or support.
Referrals to this service may be made by:
- The client;
- Family members and friends;
- Ontario Provincial Police;
- Community agencies.