This service offers assessment and psychotherapy / counselling services to persons affected by functional difficulties mostly situational in nature and/or other mental health problems.
- Pre-assessment, prioritization and service coordination
- Crisis intervention
- Individual, couple and group counselling/psychotherapy (ex. post-traumatic stress, depression, anxiety, grief/loss, etc)
- Defusing/debriefing community sessions to reduce the risk of post-traumatic stress after a critical incident
- 16 years of age or over
- Participate in a pre-assessment to determine needs
- Exhibit symptoms of a depressive, anxiety, adjustment, emotional, suicidal/homicidal or psychotic disorder
Referrals to this service can be made by:
- The client;
- Family members and friends;
- Staff of emergency services and hospitals;
- Community agencies;
- Internally from by one of the other programs of the Counselling Services.